FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Drive Announce 2018-19 Schedule
Grand Rapids Begins Their Fifth Season November 2 in Erie
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (August 27, 2018) – The Grand Rapids Drive, the Official NBA G League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, released their schedule for the 2018-19 season earlier today. It will mark the franchise’s fifth season in Grand Rapids as part of the now 27-franchise G League.
Led by second-year head coach Ryan Krueger, the Drive will begin their 50-game schedule on the road as they travel to Erie, PA to face the BayHawks on Friday, November 2. Grand Rapids will then return home to play host to the Windy City Bulls on Saturday, November 3 at DeltaPlex Arena for their first home game of the season. Coach Krueger led the Drive to the first playoff appearance in franchise history during the 2017-18 campaign.
The Drive will once again compete in the Eastern Conference’s Central Division alongside Canton, Fort Wayne, Wisconsin and Windy City.
All home games will have a scheduled 7 p.m. tip other than the School Day Game taking place on February 12 – that game will tip at 11 a.m. Doors will continue to open to fans one hour prior to the scheduled tip.
2018-19 schedule highlights include:
- Fourteen prime home dates (8 Fridays and 6 Saturdays) out of 24 home games;
- Eight $2 Fridays featuring $2 beer & hot dogs;
- Six Saturday Metro Health Family Nights featuring 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas for $44;
- School Day Game will be on Feb. 12, 2019 tipping off at 11 a.m.;
- Inaugural meeting against the Capital City Go-Go Mon., Jan. 21 at DeltaPlex Arena;
- Regular season Home Opener on Sat., Nov. 3 vs. Windy City Bulls;
- Regular season Home Finale on Fri., Mar. 22 vs. Canton Charge.
The full schedule can be found at NBAGrandRapids.com (here).
2018-19 season tickets are on sale now – information on various season ticket packages can be found at NBAGrandRapids.com (here). For more information on special group rates, exciting family experiences and more, please call the Drive’s front office at 844-GR-DRIVE (844-473-7483) to talk to a representative today.
Single-game tickets are set to go on sale to the public September 19.
For media-related inquiries, please contact Rob Johnson at email@example.com.